Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Buffalo Project Update

Here's an update I recently received from our team leader in Buffalo. So many good things in it that I that I would share it in raw form below. I've been meeting with this team (mostly by phone) every Thursday to work on their legal and administrative start-up details. I like what I'm hearing and seeing.

------

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that our website was launched last night at House Church. We are really excited about it, and would love to hear your impressions so we can fine tune it before we start advertising beyond our band of faithful House Church members. www.villagechurchbflo.com

Audra and I met several of our neighbors this weekend too, the weather in Buffalo was perfect for 2 days in a row! These are people that we have waved to and exchanged brief pleasantries with up to this point. This weekend was different, as all our kids were playing across 4 yards in from of our houses and all the parents were there too, really good conversations and connections. Aynsley (my 4 yr old daughter) was inviting everyone to House Church, I was humbled and encouraged by her excitement, and the reception that our neighbors had to the idea. None of them are walking with Jesus, not one. I ask you to pray with me for David and Amber, Kelly, Meg and Steve, Liz and Steve, Jim and Caroline, and Mike and Ginny. There are also 6 kids in the 4 houses in a row, so pray for them too.

I also have an open conversation with a Catholic school in our neighborhood, that would be an awesome place to meet this fall. Nardin Academy is in the middle of our target, and they seem very open to the idea of working with us. They are meeting as a leadership team this week to discuss the possibility, so please be in prayer for that as well.

The office space that we made an offer on doesn't seem to be working out... I am playing email/phone tag with the landlord, but he doesn't seem very excited about our proposal. I will keep you in the loop.

I really appreciate you guys being on our team, and look forward to an amazing year.

--
Jeremy Hazelton
Lead Pastor, The Buffalo Project

No comments:

Post a Comment